Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm leaving on a jet plane...


In about 1 day from now I'll be on my way to Colorado.  All our worldly possessions are on a large truck , somewhere between here and there. Jack and Leo are driving out right now, and the baby and I are flying there on Tuesday. What an adventure!
I can't help but feel nostalgic about the 4 wonderful years we've spent here in the DC area. I have felt more at home here, than any other place we've lived. I love the history, art, and energy of this area.

I will miss our lovely suburban neighborhood in Virginia, our kind neighbors, and all the dear friends we have made here. I will miss the spectacular Spring and Fall seasons- when every plant is blooming with flowers, or ablaze in color. I will miss the lakes, the trails, and the numberless trees. I will miss fireflies in July, the famous cherry blossoms, dogwoods, and azaleas in Spring.









There have been so many times, when driving into the city, that I have caught a glimpse of the Washington Monument, or the Capitol Building, or the Lincoln Memorial... and it literally takes my breath away.  I almost have to pinch myself... "I can't believe we LIVE here!"  We've been to the White House, The Library of Congress, the Capitol Building, and to every national monument. We've spent time in every Smithsonian- the Air and Space, the American History, the National Galleries of Art...  there is so much to see and do.

It has been such a delight. I feel honored to have lived here, to have experienced Washington DC and so much of what she has to offer. This place will always hold a very special place in my heart.

No comments: