Tuesday, May 5, 2009

California Dreamin'

I arrived in San Diego a few days ago, where Jack has been for two weeks. He's busy with his acquisitions class, which last a total of 4 weeks. Me, I'm basically on vacation, although it is kind of a lonely one, because his class and his studies take up most of his time.

But it's beautiful here--yesterday I went on a 2 1/2 hour walk around the Marina. Our hotel is close to everything, so I can walk everywhere. After my walk, I swam in the pool, then made some dinner before Jack got out of class. Today, I'm off to the gym, and to do some laundry.
It's been sunny, and in the 70s- perfect weather as far as I'm concerned!

On Sunday we went to church, then visited my cousins Kristy and Vance, and their two adorable girls. Next Sunday is Mother's Day, and my cousin Melinda invited us to their house for dinner. (they live about an hour from here) I'm always excited to see the family, and play with all the kids!

My parents, and my aunt and uncle, will be driving down and camping nearby, so it will be nice to hang out with them too. And one of these weekends before we leave, Jack and I are going to do a dive trip out to one of the Channel Islands... I can't wait! It's too bad that we couldn't bring our kayaks with us... our hotel is just steps away from the bay. Oh well. There are plenty of fun things to do around here!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I am jealous. Wish I was in Cali on the beach.