Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy New Year!


We had a quiet evening at home New Years. We watched the ball drop in NYC, drank sparkling cider, and marvelled at Dick Clark's ever-young appearance.
On New Years Day we watched the Rose Parade on TV, then went snow shoeing in Weber canyon. The fresh snow was beautiful, and we had a great time! (Jack of course, is a marathoner, so I had a hard time keeping up with him.)

So, itAdd Image's the 11th today, and we finally took down our Christmas tree last night. It was a few weeks later this year, but we're always a little sad when it comes down.

I already miss the twinkling lights. I love their cheerful greeting as I stumble out of bed and am getting ready for work when it's still pitch black outside.

It's this time of year, after all the fun of the holidays, that I start dreaming of some nice tropical beach somewhere. I need sunshine in my life. Maybe it's time to plan another scuba trip...

No comments: